Atlanta Divorce and Family Law Attorney | W. Steed Scott
Call 404.872.4111 | 24 Hours a Day | English and Spanish
In Georgia there are 13 grounds for divorce. We specialize in questions like:
- Is my marriage valid?
- Is divorce easy?
- What is "Common Law Marriage"?
- Does the Court have or need to be involved at all?
- What grounds do I need for a divorce?Do I need to prove "fault"?
- What is a legal separation or separate maintenance?
- What is a "no-fault" divorce? What is a "fault" divorce?
- Do I need to live in the state of Georgia to get a divorce here?
- What if we still live together when I file for divorce?
- How do I actually file for a divorce?
- Where do I file for divorce?
- I just received a complaint for divorce from my spouse, now what?
- Can I get the court to help me immediately?
- What if there is violence?
- Will a judge or jury decide my case?
- What about my children?
- Can I share custody?
- I have heard about "custody seminars." What are they?
- What are my (or the other person's) child support obligations?
- What is alimony?
- What happens to "our" possessions now?
- How will the court orders be enforced?
- How long will the whole process take?
- My spouse and I agree on all matters concerning the divorce, do we still need a lawyer?
- How much do lawyers cost?
- Where can I find more information about divorce?